Some Random Facts About Me
* My name is pronounced “All-wen,” and it has its origins in Welsh mythology. According to legend, Olwen was the daughter of a giant, but she was so gentle and kind that white lilies would grow wherever she stepped. FYI, the white lily thing happens to me. All. The. Time. (Sometimes I'm also sarcastic.)
* As a kid, I got stuck with a little ditty that went, “We all win with All-wen!” I've come to love it when “We all win with All-wen!” is chanted by a client to help them remember how to say my name.
* I’ve only met one other “Olwen” in my life. We were so excited and acted like crazed fans meeting [insert random person here that would make you scream and jump up and down]. We got a kick out of the fact that our mothers were both born in Wales and that we had the “proper” spelling of Olwen. (No, we don’t have the same mama and yes, apparently there is a proper way to spell Olwen.)
* "Business casual" is my personal version of hell. When I worked in a windowless cubicle, I would rebel by wearing jeans whenever I could sneak them into the office. It happened quite a lot!
* Sandals and cardigan season (a.k.a. autumn) is my favorite time of year.
* I never follow a recipe. I’ve got stacks of them that I will reference (sometimes), but I see the ingredients and measurements as recommendations only. (Kind of like speed limits.)
* I'm not a fan of a potlucks. I'll reluctantly attend them, but I have zero interest in trying to determine what to make or take. That's why I usually end up taking store bought cookies that I'll toss on the food table. That's the most effort I choose to give any potluck.
What you can do next...
* Head over to my blog to learn:
* Sign up for a free 6-day mini online course that will help you strengthen your relationship with yourself and everyone else in your life.
* Follow along on Instagram to see cute pics of the weird & wonderful stuff that makes me smile.
* Sign up for my email newsletter so that you can be notified first for all the great things I'll be sending you. Plus, if you've read this far, I totally think that we'll get a long really well and I'd love to stay in touch!